Drug Traceability in Supply Chain
Drug Traceability Process
Drug traceability is the process of identifying the originality and legitimacy of the product that enables all stakeholders to track and trace the transactions at every stage in the supply chain.
All the transactions on the blockchain are recorded in real time and immutable, thus counterfeit drug or drug transactions can be easily traced and avoided. Blockchain also monitors the drug’s supply chain inventory with the help of io sensors on transport vehicles, recording and storing data at every step of the supply chain to ensure genuine products are delivered from manufacturer to patient.
Blockchain for Drug Traceability
- The manufacturer produces the drug and marks it with an unique code
- A hash is produced
- The information is stored on the blockchain
- The wholesaler verifies the origin of the product
- The transaction between the manufacturer and the wholesaler is added to blockchain
- The pharmacist verifies the origin of the product
- The transaction between the wholesaler and the pharmacist is added to the blockchain
- The patient verifies the origin of the product
- The transaction between the pharmacist and the patient is added to the blockchain