Why does this matter?
Every year, there are approximately 1.25 billion ambulatory care visits in the United States, including those at primary care offices, hospital emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and other settings. We estimate that approximately 417 million, or 33% of these visits, could be treated through telehealth. Based on the number of estimated telehealth visits and the average cost per telehealth visit, we estimate our annual market opportunity to be approximately $17 billion dollars.
Meet the Team
Joseph Barr, PhD.
Chief Technology Officer
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM PhD, Mathematics, Florida State University MS, Mathematics, University of Haifa BA, Mathematics & Statistics
Chief Software Architect
Keith Burgess, PhD.
M.S & PhD. in Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Wisconsin-Madison B.S. in Physics, University of Chicago
Daniela D’Auria, PhD.
PhD. in Computer Science and Automation Engineering, University of Naples Federico II Engineering Degree and Biomedical Engineering Degree
Vagelis Hristidis, PhD.
PhD. in Computer Science, University of California, San Diego.
Fabio Persia, PhD.
PhD. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Naples Federico II Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, University of Naples Federico II Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering University of Naples Federico II
Reasons to Invest
- The global digital health market is expected to rise from $84 billion in 2018, to $504.4 billion by 2025.
- Digital healthcare services will bring access, affordability and efficiency to healthcare, on a scale unseen by previous generations.
- We are developing a highly scalable platform that will be capable of serving to over 100 million EntelMed Members worldwide.
- Our core platform will provide member support and response time for over 50,000 visits per day.
- Our platform will be developed to accommodate the seamless and quick introduction of new services.
- Our clients will consist of employers, including Fortune 500 companies, health plans and health systems and other entities. We believe there are approximately 75 million potential members in these existing clients alone.
The current healthcare system is facing massive challenges that require modern solutions. Of the many challenges, access to healthcare is among the most serious. “About 44 million people in the US have no health insurance, and another 38 million have inadequate health insurance.”-PBS. This means 22% of the US population is underserved by the current healthcare system.
This problem is not unique to the US, the World Bank and WHO estimate “half the world’s population lack access to essential healthcare services and 100 million people have been pushed into extreme poverty because of healthcare expense.” Expense is a major driver in healthcare inequality, but mobility, distance from facilities, and facility inefficiencies also contribute to the failing system.
EntelMed’s objective is to build a platform that substantially lowers the barriers to entry, allowing for instant access to healthcare services and on-demand health programs. By increasing access and efficiency, we believe EntelMed will disrupt the current healthcare marketplace and bring health and wellness services to millions.
Growth of Digital Healthcare
The digital healthcare market is experiencing a meteoric rise.
“Clinically-proven evidence was cited as critical for adoption by both payors and policymakers interviewed.”
According to a new study from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), 68% of physicians strongly intend to use remote patient monitoring technology in the future.
Over half (52%) of consumers indicate they would use a connected health device as part of their treatment if a doctor made the recommendation, showing physicians as a strong driver for the use of technology in managing conditions.
of consumers would be happy to share health data with their doctor in order to get more accurate diagnosis and treatment solutions.
would be influenced by pharmacist recommendations or by a health insurance company.
of health care professionals believe that funding for health technology is the responsibility of the technology industry and manufacturers developing solutions.
1 in 2
Health care professionals believe technology has made health and fitness more accessible to their patients and agree that patients are happy to share this data with them.
EntelMed is building a platform to
deliver virtual care technology solutions.
Physicians, clinics and hospitals will use the EntelMed IQ technology to remotely monitor patients using biosensors, electronic monitoring devices, electronic information and telecommunication technology to support long distance patient and clinical contact, care, advice, reminders, education, intervention, patient monitoring, and remote admissions.
Layered software modules to enable a broad range of scheduled and unscheduled clinical workflows.
Purpose-built software and devices to ensure reliable connections across the entire care continuum.
Elements of the EntelMed Platform are combined to deliver a wide range of clinical use case solutions.
The EntelMed remote patient monitoring (RPM) and telehealth platform will combine:
Connected sensors with smart phones, sensors and devices
Software and Services
Online Dashboard and Mobile Apps
Electronic Health Records
Motivational and Social Tools
Virtual Coaching Thorough Customized Healthcare Plans
virtualization of care.
The EntelMed IQ platform will integrate with the payor community to enable us to uniquely provide real time eligibility checking, real time member financial liability calculations, and clinical data exchange.
Our platforms APIs power external connectivity and deep integration with a wide range of payors, third party applications and other interfaces which will uniquely position us to be a central partner meeting the unique needs of the rapidly emerging, technology powered healthcare industry.
In addition, EntelMed IQ will incorporate core functionality required to offer a full spectrum of vital healthcare services on a single system. Our platform features predictive modeling, automated complex routing, queuing and scheduling.
Products & Services
EntelMed Patient Profile and Capabilities
- Heart Disease
- Chronic pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Patients diagnosed with chronic illness.
- Patients with mobility issues.
- Post surgery patients
- Stroke and rehabilitation
- Substance abuse
- Weight gain/loss
- Cognitive: stress, anxiety, memory decline, traumatic brain injury
- Pain: Chronic, acute, pain distraction, pain syndromes, hot flashes, and night sweats
- Motor: neck pain, shoulder pain, spinal cord injuries, and neurological disorders
- Elderly patients
2 in 3 Physicians plan to use remote patient monitoring in the future.
Improved patient outcomes.
Improved compliance rates.
Patients taking more ownership of their health.
Patients benefit from detailed information on personalized health.
Faster access to health care services
US Health Plan Clients
Global Insurers & Financial Services
Global Insurers & Financial Services Firms
All Sizes and Industries, Fortune 500
Hospitals & Health Systems
Care Locations, Hospitals, IDNs
Direct to Consumers
Leading Mental Health Platform
We are planning to open twenty offices globally.
Service patients from more than 50 countries.
Deliver care in more than 20 languages.
- Develop extensive client relationships
- Expand capabilities through strategic acquisitions
- Focus on innovation by leveraging our information, advanced analytics, transformative technology and domain experience
- Expand the penetration of our offerings to the broader healthcare marketplace.
- Virtual Primary Care
- Expanded Specialty Care
- Pediatric Mental Health
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Expanded Chronic Condition
- Second Opinions
New Payment Models
- Medicare/Medicaid FFS
- Value-base Care
- Gain Sharing
- Risk Sharing
- IQW-O VWDWH Sponsored Healthcare
- Direct to Consumer Payment System
- Second Opinions
New Care Settings
- Home-Based Care
- Primary Care/Specialty practice
- Retail Clinic
Clients and Members
Our clients will consist of employers, including Fortune 500 companies, health plans and health systems and other entities. Our goal is to reach 20 million members globally.
1. Virtual healthcare services on a business-to-business basis to thousands of Clients spanning the global healthcare distribution landscape and provide services to consumes directly and through channel partners
2. Our behavioral health business will serve individuals in the direct-to-consumer market and through business partnerships with other trusted brands.
3. EntelMed health employers, health plans, hospitals and health systems, and insurance and financial services companies. (Clients)
4. Employers, such as banks and financial institutions, industrial corporations, telecommunication companies, and other large employers.
5. Health plans, such as major insurance companies. Our strategy is to pursue and include health plans such as Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Aetna, CIGNA, United Health, and other insurance companies.
6. Self-insured Clients.
We believe there are approximately 75 million potential Members within these existing Clients.
Our business model is to generate revenue on a contractually recurring, subscription access fee basis, typically on a per-member-per-month (PMPM) basis, and in certain contracts, on a per subscriber basis.
Our subscription access fee will comprise the majority of our revenue and therefore provide us with significant revenue visibility. We will also generate additional revenue on a per-visit basis through certain Clients with visit fee only (VFO) arrangements.
Our subscription access fee will be paid by our Clients on behalf of their employees, dependents, policy holders, card holders, beneficiaries or, as is the case with certain subscribers, fees are paid by our Members themselves. General medical and other specialty visits fees are paid by Clients and/or Members.
For certain Clients, we expect to also earn visit fees or per-case fees in combination with subscription access fees.
Subscription access fee services is expected to be the most appealing for our Clients.